- Natural Breast Enlargement Secrets
- Learn How to Apply the Perfect Base for Your Makeup
- Tips on Natural Organic Skincare Treatment
- A Step By Step Learn How To Make Your Eyebrows Thicker With Makeup
- All-Natural Hair Care Recipes For Strong Beautiful Hair
- 9 Makeup Tips and Tricks to Make Your Eyes Look Brighter
- Eye Makeup Tips For Brown Eye Girls
- Makeup Tips for Ultimate Valentine's Day Romance
- Choosing a Hairstyle That's Right for Your Face Shape
- Tips and Tricks on Applying Makeup During Summer
How To Remove Pubic Hair By Waxing
- Written by Joliana
- Hits: 25125
Pubic hair removal is now a matter of concern for both men and women. For hygiene reasons alone many individuals choose to remove unwanted body hair in the pubic area, hence, the search for the best pubic hair removal method.
Waxing is one very popular method. It is inexpensive, it can be done from home, and the results last for some weeks in many cases.
Use these tips to get the best results if you choose to use waxing as your pubic hair removal method of choice:
- Avoid showering and making the hair wet prior to waxing. Hair absorbs the water making it soft and less likely to adhere well to the wax. Tough hair is easier to pull off.
- Be sure to test a small area of skin first to make sure there is no acute sensitivity or allergic reaction to pubic hair removal using waxing.
- Hair should be at least 1/8 inch long. If it isn't wait until it reaches this length.
- Be sure to wash the skin thoroughly and dry it well beforehand to remove any lotions or oils which may prevent the wax from adhering closely to the skin.
- Heat the wax carefully so as not to overheat and thus burn the skin when applying. Test on a small area first.
- The consistency should be soft rather than runny.
- If pain and discomfort is a main concern use a pain reducing gel or cream available from pharmacists. These solutions should be applied 30 to 60 minutes before waxing so the skin is numbed beforehand.
- Apply a thin layer of wax in the direction of the hair growth and peel back with a rapid movement close to the skin.
- Do not pull up or out, rather pull back.
- Clean the skin with a warm moist towel afterwards to remove excess wax.
- Avoid wearing tight clothing over freshly waxed areas to minimize the risk of irritation and ingrown hairs. 24-48 hours after pubic hair removal waxing, exfoliate the skin (with a Loofa sponge for example) to prevent the dead skin from accumulating and causing hair to become ingrown.
Best Positions When Performing A Waxing Pubic Hair Removal Session:
- Option 1: Sit in a chair with your feet up above your waist and legs spread apart.
- Option 2. Sit with one leg propped above your waist and the other leg resting on the floor.
- Option 3. Lie on your back with legs wide apart and raised in the air so that all the waxable areas are spread taut.
- Option 4. Lie on your side with the bottom leg straight out and the top leg bent at the knee and tucked behind the straight leg.
- Option 5. Bend the knees and keep the legs wide apart so the genital areas are easy to work on. Put a mirror on the ground if necessary for better control.